Translate

Wednesday 10 October 2018

0.1 Introducing The Legacy Founder And Family

Thinking that everything is setup, my founder and heir have been created, the significant other in the 'couple' requirement has been wrestled through the mud that is my CAS, and create a pet has delivered my Husky, I decide to 'save' and get some screenshots for the blog thingy.... And crash!

(I think that the last time the aliens abducted me, they inserted a Bluetooth or wireless sender in my frontal lobe, alerting my craptop to the most inconvenient time to crash)

The A.D.D particles in my brain prevent me from timing how long it takes to load the game, and then the save. I am guessing around 10 minutes total, but I am chronologically challenged, I really have no sense of time these days. (later tests showed it to be 16 minutes). The O.C.D particles are able to tell me the game runs for an average of 3 to 5 seconds before crashing to the desktop. O.C.D. and A.D.D shake hands and giggle their asses off, while I spend most of the day, trying to find out why Sims 3 is now constantly crashing faster than my windows...

I used S3PE to clean the save (despite the game being less than 20 sim minutes old), cross checked documentation looking for mod clashes, tested previous saves and worlds and blah blah blah. 

Rather than spending the bulk of this post regaling you with tales of my bug hunting skills when my O.C.D and A.D.D work with me for a change, I'll just link to yet another useful tool I found today trying to get this Legacy on the move, and tell you deleting certain cache files made it come good!.
The Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer-> http://modthesims.info/d/416883 
I now have some piccies to show, it only took 7 or 8 hours ...



The Legacy Founder - Venice Jettstar
Traits:
  • Loves The Outdoors
  • Party Animal
  • Excitable
  • Virtuoso
  • Artistic
Favorites:
  • Mac N Cheese
  • Custom Music
  • The color Red (and Black)






The Legacy Founders Partner - Lilliana Rosebloom
Traits:
  • Loves The Outdoors
  • Natural Cook
  • Neat
  • Dog Person
  • Lucky
Favorites:
  • Autumn Salad
  • Custom Music
  • The color Lime




 The Family Dog - Gypsy

Traits:
  • Adventurous
  • Non Destructive
  • Hunter
Favorites:
  • Free Food
  • No Music
  • I was going to make a joke about '50 shades of gray' here but my Google-Fu killed it. Srsly! Google 'Are Dogs Color Blind?'





 The Legacy Heir - Marcus Jettstar

Traits:
  • Friendly
  • Artistic
Favorites:
  • Spaghetti
  • Custom Music
  • The color Lime Green
  • Being Photobombed and licked by the dog





Hopefully interesting trivia regarding these sims...

I had a large Mutt called Jett, (named after Joan Jett and The Blackhearts), My kids helped me expand the name, eventually he became known as Atomic Jett Rocket Dog, I went with Jettstar while I was thinking of names because (A) He was as intelligent as a house brick, but loyal as hell, best dog ever! (B) On top of a pile of recently watched but not yet put away DVD's ... The Runaways, Joan Jett's first band. . Under that DVD was the remake of The Italian Job, the first heist happens in Venice.

The game added the full body tattoo accessory at her creation, I think I added 3 or 4 tattoos to fill larger blank spaces on her skin. I didn't roll Tattoo Addict, but I've never played a Rockstar without Tatts, and I ain't about to start!

Gypsy's name came from (pregnant pause, wait for it..), another dog. I had a Husky called Gypsy as well. I cant remember exactly what her expanded name was. Vaguely something like Dammit Gypsy The Bitch Jumped The Back Fence Again How much Is The Local Council Gunna Sting You This Time Dad?
Smart as a whip, a chocolate thief, and the most expensive dog ever!

The Fairie's name was easy, I was thinking Roses, Lillies,  Bloom...Lilliana Rosebloom..Jobs Done!

Marcus was created by adding a friendly vegetarian female vampire from my sim pool, I humanised the vamp, switched sex to male, changed the skin...and created a new sim with the genetics thingy. I then scrapped the former transgender bloodsucker and created Lilliana as the partner for Venice.
Finally, to wrap up this post, here is the oversized dog house of doom, where it will all start.
The ground floor is the on the left, The basement is on the right.
It is not a very realistic abode, due to everything being cut down or shrunk to get under budget, but its got plenty of potential for expansion, as soon as I get some simoleons happening in game.
















 



2 comments:

  1. Looks like the little house has some potential! Marcus is cute, love that hair on him. Is he a genetic product of both parents or only one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house has massive potential. ( I know this as it originally half filled a 64x64, and was 3 stories tall. )

    Marcus is... complicated.. he is the result of Venice (as you seen her so far, and a character that I played in a personal challenge before I joined MTS. The other parent is a female vampire (SN) that I imported, de vampirified, sex changed and hoped for the best. I intentionally have avoided aging Marcus up to peek at what he is going to look like as he ages.. The only thing I had to change when CAS finally rolled him where clothes, and a CC skin, which I set to the same color tone as the default. :)

    ReplyDelete