Translate

Friday 12 October 2018

1.1 A New Day

Venice woke up much later than she had planned. She stretched out across the bed, feeling for her fairy lover, who had stormed out last night in a huff after an argument. She still wasn't there. She'd never fought with Lilli before and now she was really concerned. Venice slid quietly out of the bed and grabbed the first clothes she found in the dresser, she slipped her arm under her sleeping son and gently lifted him out of the cot.

She dressed him in warmer clothes, in preparation for searching for Lilli, not even noticing she had only a crop top and shorts on herself, Venice rushed up the stairs as fast as she dared.






And nearly went head first over the suddenly appearing pool rail, she blinked, and blinked again to clear her head. It definitely existed, she reached out and touched it, just to make sure.








And a different stove, and what she assumed was a fridge, although she wasn't sure as it didn't make the same grind clunk death rattle noises as the other one.! Oddly paired, clearly second hand, but obviously not the antiquated white goods that came with the house!



Against the bathroom / kitchen wall was a brand new looking highchair.



And last of all, the best surprise, her beloved Lilliana was standing in the corner, arms crossed, but with a hint of a smile dancing across her face. "I am so, so, sorry Lilly, I never thought about your feelings, I was so worried when you left, this place is not right for you..", Venice blurted, all of her carefully rehearsed apologies crammed into one short, disjointed outburst.

"Shhh love" admonished Lilli, "Last night was my entirely my fault, after my mother disowned me and had me evicted from the palace, I kept telling myself everything would be fine, and I kept building this place up in my head". "By the time we passed the city limits and arrived here, I was expecting the queens summer palace, with prancing horses, and guardsmen at the gate."

"I truly am sorry Lil, I never thought how a place like this might affect you..." Venice started again.
"Will you Shush!" stated Lilli, "I need to apologize, not you. I expected far, far too much." Lilly leaned over and kissed Venice on the forehead, and took the opportunity to kiss Marcus on the cheek as well.

Lilly continued before Venice could try to apologize again, "But I stand by some of what I said yesterday, this place is a dog kennel, Sorry Gypsy." she smiled at the dog, "Now that I have had time to calm down, I am starting to see the potential that you have been seeing all along."

"Where did all this come from though, Lil? So many things and so quick?" Venice inquired, knowing now about Lilli's issues with her former family, she knew to steer the conversation in a new direction as quick as possible. Lilly urged her to sit and eat lunch while she explained.







Venice placed Markus in the new highchair, and placed a stable baby bowl in front of him, then she sat opposite Lil, and took the offered Autumn Salad.
"After yesterdays little tantrum, I went looking for a park to sulk in, I didn't find one immediately,  but I did find the local library, and found a map of the town.", Lilly said. "I was just wandering along collecting bits of this and that on my way, when I past the Landgraab Industries Science Facility. I keep feel the flavor of flame fruit in the air, so I wandered around the back, and rescued all the fruit and vegetables that I could".

"You did what?" asked Venice, shocked that her fairy friend would dare a little thievery. 'I mean if I was hungry, I'd snatch food, no probs, but Lil? So unexpected.'

Lilliana continued the tale, as if Venice had never interrupted. "I wandered around the town most of the rest of the day and, and sold everything I found, including a nice pink diamond, and ended up sleeping in a fairy bungalow in the park. I was still very angry and had planned on using the money to leave Elba."

"But, this morning I woke up as my usual adorable self, instead of the childish hot head I was yesterday", Lilly stated, poking her tongue out to prove she had grown out of her childish phase.
"So.." Lil recounted "I stopped in at the local junkyard, brought a few things, and paid to have everything installed and set up before you awoke. I even paid the guys a bonus if they got the job done without waking you." 





"Now, you go play with your son, so I can start a garden, before you start work." Lilli proclaimed, almost as if yesterday's argument had never happened. Lilli took both the empty plates and dropped them onto the sink sideboard, to do later. Lil ignored the urge to do them immediately, and headed outside to plant the seeds and some of the fruit that she had found the day before.

As Venice removed Marcus from the highchair, he managed to grab the half uneaten bowl of baby goop, and tipped it between them. Venice closed her eyes and cringed, as the now stone cold mush managed to trickle down into her bra.

"Ok, laddo, looks like back into pajamas for you, and another change of clothes for me!" Venice informed her giggling infant. A quick trip to the basement for less icky clothes, and back up stairs.
Venice approached her son making faces and wiggling her fingers like some deranged tentacle monster. "Right you, look out! Its tickle time",she pseudo-growled. Marcus was already giggling before the tickling started.




"Walking and talking time, next.", Venice informed her child. She began training her son to stand, and walk, Gypsy watched curiously as Marcus went from 'bum shuffling' to feet, then forward. "Clever boy!" Venice enthused, "So close, nearly there, again?". After a few more tries, it was becoming apparent that Marcus was getting tired, and had enough, when he turned around and crawled off to play with Gypsy's second favorite chew toy, which was lying unguarded.






Gypsy, realizing that Venice was no longer playing with Marcus, and that Marcus had hijacked her chew toy while she was distracted, climbed out of her bed, and trotted over to Venice for attention.
"Hey, I don't need to teach you how to walk!", laughed Venice, "But maybe its time I taught you some other tricks, like sit, and beg, and roll over."







Venice heard a car honking outside, just as Gypsy had learned to sit on command. "Damn, is that the time already", she asked herself, "I need to get changed again!".
Gypsy went back to her second favorite toy, scooping it to her chest with her front paws. "Eww, gross!", she thought to herself. "Baby spit!"






"Lilli! My rides here!", she called out, as she changed yet again, this time into her rent-a-groupie work uniform. "I got this", Lilliana replied, appearing at the front door as if by magic. "Hurry back to us, Sweetheart, and have fun at work!" Lil planted a kiss on Venice's cheek as she rushed past. Lilly glanced back over the temporary wooden fence around her very small and uninspiring garden, then went inside to do housework and look after Marcus.





"Hi, are you here to pick me up for the music job at the theater?" inquired Venice. "Yeah", replied the driver. Venice opened the door and slid onto the passenger seat. The driver accelerated away before she even clipped in her seat belt. "I'm Venice Jettstar, and I'm really excited to be starting this new job in the music industry, I want to be a great guitarist eventually, how about you? Venice asked, trying to make conversation. "I'm the car pool guy", said the car pool guy... and that was the entire conversation all the way to her first day in the new job.







Meanwhile Lilli played with Marcus, then fed him, and then played some more, and finally put him in his crib, were he snuggled the fairy bear she had given him as a newborn, and moments later, Marcus slept. "Whew", thought Lilli to herself, she had never had her own child, but her mother had made her work in the Arboretum as a youngling, assisting with the newborn fairies.

Human babies smelled worse when they where stinky, and with fairy babies you had to carefully wrap the wings so as not to damage them, until they grew and strengthened. That is the sum total of differences Lilliana told her self confidently. 'It's not so hard', she thought. Earlier she was more than a little nervous that she might mess up, and Venice would never let her look after Marcus by herself again. 




With Marcus asleep, and Gypsy napping quietly in the corner, Lilliana did the dishes, then decided to make waffles, she had hardly ever prepared her own food before, and was secretly both nervous and excited about this new found independence. Lilli thought 'waffles.. keep it simple'. 

The waffles were not perfect, not even close, just basic not burned waffles. "Look at me Ma.. I'm a Waffle Goddess!" she cried out in a quiet fake yell voice, bowing to the imaginary crowd. "Thank you, oh, thank you, you are all so kind", she fluttered her wings, pirouetting with her toes barely touching the floor. And with no more silliness, sat down to enjoy one of the very, very few dinners that she had cooked her self. With no instructions. With no kitchen staff. All by her self. First ever waffles, not even burnt. 'Gosh, I'm awesome', she thought, and initiated a dinner time waffle massacre.  



Lilliana finished her waffles, swept the plate off the table, and cleaned all the dishes, before deciding it had been a very long day, and that she was ready for bed. She checked on Marcus who was still sleeping soundly before returning back upstairs to shower. Lil reached into the shower and twisted both taps on full, waiting for the temperature to stabilize.

'Ah just right' she thought, 'Not to hot, not to cold, just right. Good pressure too!', she reached up to unbutton her shirt, but before she could even get the first one undone, there were two loud POP-BANG noises, as both sink taps shot off and hit the roof.



"Oh you have got to be kidding me!" Lilli groaned out loud, as she fished the taps out of the slowly expanding puddle in the floor, and attempted to put them back in place. She struggled to get the first one to stay in place, being rewarded with random water sprays, mainly in the face. Eventually after several minutes of struggling, Lilli finally managed to get the first wayward tap to stay in place. "Yes victory!" Lil informed the imaginary spectators, "Tap Goddess!, Well I will be when I fix the second one anyway!", Several more minutes if struggling saw her almost, nearly get the second tap into place.

“Stay on target!”,“Almost there.”,“Stay…on…target…”, Lilli mutters, finally getting the second tap in place, "OH MERCILESS SIMGODS!", she yells as both taps launch themselves to the heavens again, this time hard enough to leave small dents in the roof. "I just don't know how to do this" she groans, reaching for her mobile phone. "Hello services ..."


Lilliana sits at the kitchen table, eyes closed, barely awake, when there is a knock at the door.
"Hello Repair person" The weary fairy mumbles, at the dark, hazy shape outside the doorway.
"Lilli Rosebloom? I apologize for the lateness of the delivery, but the truck broke down in the middle of no-where again, and it took us ages to fix it." The repair man said. "I was on my way home and thought I'd try to deliver this now, because we won't be back in this area until next week.", The Repo man continued. "Sign here please."  

"Uh-huh", Lilly replied, squiggling something on the pad. "Have a nice night." said the reporter man and handed her a large parcel, then pulled the door closed behind himself and vanished into the night.
"What a nice reaper man", Lilly thought to herself as she slowly swayed. She was almost asleep on her feet when she realized something was weighing her down.

Opening her eyes enough for the pointy rays of lights to gently massage her brain into wakefulness, she finally realized what she was holding. "Hello darling, I've been waiting for you." she quietly informed the package. "You should have gotten here first, before any of us."
The unwrapped the package, left it in an appropriate and went to bed before she fell asleep again.




Venice finally arrived home from her first day of work, her plan to head straight for bed interrupted by a single obstacle. "Oh my god, a Pink Cheetah" she squealed,  "A Pink Cheetah!" She rushed over to grab the card in between the strings.

All My Love, Always And Forever, Lilliana.

Venice hugged the card to her chest for a moment before informing the guitar 'I'll see you tomorrow!'








Chapter Notes:
Venice clothes for the day are from all over the place I had some crashes where I lost game time, and others that I lost screen caps, and several that lost me both. So I weaved the story as best as I could around her continuous clothes swapping :)

 Lilly does not have any of the traits: absent minded, childish, excitable, hot headed, insane, klepto, neurotic, or over emotional. However, If you took a pinch of each these, (except hot head), added some sugar, and mixed it all into some colorful bubbly liquid, you might get some insight into her personality. Also, the extremely over emotional activity we are experiencing from Lil at the moment is due to the experience of being disowned and being truly independent with almost no experience at it, is by far, the most stressful thing that ever happened to her. This makes her so much fun to write!

Simoleons, confession time. After deducting the cost of the 20x20 lot and the cost of the house, and cross checking my hastily scribbled notes, my sims would have had §3 left, and an unpaid debt of §250 for having a create-a-pet dog. I used familyfunds to set the household at §3, and I decided to pay the §250 dog ownership tax at a later stage, while incurring a §250 a day late fee tax, I paid on day 5..   So seeing as my sims pet Gypsy, The Siberian Husky is based on a Siberian Husky that I owned, called Gypsy, who really did cost me thousand of really real dollars in fees and fines, I consider this justified rule bending for the sake of the story, and realism! :)

2 comments:

  1. I just realized who Lilly reminds me of--Link from Legend of Zelda! That's a compliment--the coloring and hair just makes me think of a cute fairy version of him. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I grew up with a Atari Console, Atari PC, and Sega Megadrive + MegaCD instead of Nintendo, and I had to google 'Link from Zelda' before it clicked. Yup, I see the resemblance now, Lil must be a descendant...

      Delete