Translate

Saturday 15 December 2018

2.11 Travel Bug

"What are we going to do with ourselves when the kids leave home?', Casey asks Marcus one afternoon. Marcus thinks for a while before responding. "I always wanted to travel and see the world, like my Mum did, but I never pushed it because I thought you didn't want to do that."

"I know.", said Casey, "I remember telling you that I was scared of leaving Elba, because the further I traveled from home, the more people that would see me as a freaky werewolf, but I've grown out of that."

She took a deep breath and continued, "'Ive been thinking about it a lot lately, and I think we should have a family vacation, just, you, me and the kids, we've never had one."

Marcus asked "We have plenty of money, and with winter just around the corner, now would be a perfect time, where would you like to go? Isla Paradiso, Starlight Shores, Union Cove, Setra, Simlau Isles?"

Casey pulled a colorful brochure from her jacket and handed it over, "How about China?", she asked.







"Seriously, Mum and Dad are taking us to China, and your spider senses didn't tell you?", Dominic teased his sister. "It doesn't work like that, some of the things I've seen have come to pass, and some haven't, like Lawrence, a few months before he died, I saw him old and grey with grand kids, obviously that can't happen!", Natalie snapped.

"So you see possible futures?", asked Dylan carefully, genuinely curious, despite the fact that he had always been slightly skeptical of Natalie's alleged ability. "Possibly!", Natalie growled as she left the room.




Marcus, Casey, Dylan, Natalie and Dominic flew out on the Friday afternoon after the kids had finished school, for a three day trip to China.


There wasn't a lot of time for sightseeing by the time they had unloaded their luggage, so they spent the first evening around the pool, discussing the itinerary.



Marcus and Casey wandered the gardens holding hands and kissing while the kids took photos of the scenery and each other.



The next morning after breakfast, the family began exploring Shang Simla, starting with an ancient  monastery, where the monks taught them Sim Fu and meditation, the sun crossed the sky as the hours quickly ticked by, they spent the whole day there before returning to their accommodation.



The family visited several gardens on the next day, and took dozens of photos to show Lil when they returned.


On the last day in Shang Simla they took enough photos of the great wall to practically rebuild a miniature version of it!


"C'mon boys, I think we will meet Mum and Dad back at the hotel later!" Natalie smiled, Marcus and Casey hadn't stopped kissing and groping each other since the plane landed. It was simultaneously the cutest and the grossest thing to watch.


 That night Natalie had three distinct visions.


The first vision was of her brothers as firefighters, she had seen visions of them as firefighters before, but this vision came with a sense of great loss, it weighed heavy on her, but gave her no clue as to who or what was lost.
 

 The second vision contained Astrid and an unknown vampire, the vampire had blood red eyes and was growling Lilly's name, while this frightened Natalie and woke her up, Astrid had not seemed concerned in the dream. Natalie tried not to jump to any wrong conclusions, and quickly wrote down everything she could remember in her secret dream journal.


 After she had calmed herself down enough to fall back to sleep, Natalie dreamed of the vampire 
with the blood red eyes again, although somehow the vampire turned into a statue,
then into a cave, which left Natalie even more confused as to
how to interpret her vision.
 

 The family trip to China was over far to quickly for everyone's liking,
and they soon were flying home.

The whole family continued to train in Sim Fu, with the boys constantly sparring.
Marcus and Casey spent a lot of time in meditation. Lil had learned a Fairy version
of Sim Fu, ' The Way Of The Floating Leaf ', as a child, and although
Natalie had no wings, Lil tought her the parts of the style, that didn't
require wings. 

 






Chapter Notes:
The whole family has gone MA Crazy! Everybody was KungFu Fighting, it was a little bit...yeah okay, I won't youtube link every song I listen to while playing and writing the RLC, I'd need a second blog if I did. Especially with my monster CAS load times...

Ive still having ageing issues and at present I have 12 people and a cat in my household, so slightly breaking the RLC rules, but I need to keep some people close by for the next few chapters, I love NRAAS SP, but I don't trust SP not to mess with the few plot elements that I have :)

Also a lot of my screencaps are staged with poses, and its much easier this way.

As always constructive criticism is always welcome. 

2 comments:

  1. I have a copy of my RLC save that I sometimes use for staging stuff with a lot of people outside of the household, so I don't have to mess with the original or break rules. I am a serious rule nerd though (well, aside from the lifespan because that was changed after I had started my legacy), some people don't follow them as closely and that's fine too, nobody will judge you for it!

    China is my favourite WA destination, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blogging a story using the sims 3, not doing a step by step play through of what happened in my game, so I'm more than happy to bend rules a little if they get in the way of storytelling >:D

    I haven't been to Egypt yet, so I haven't decided, but yes France is not as pretty as China in WA. I won't be waiting for an 'Adventurer' career to go their either! The joys of a wealthy founding generation is that they can afford to go where they like, and drive what they like! ( I have over 90 CC cars from Fresh Prince Creations )

    ReplyDelete